What homebrewing associations exist?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastdoc

Reaction score
I came across the thread in which some people were getting those Sam Adams glasses and got to wondering what all is out there regarding organization.

I found the AHA pretty easily and on the website they mention being the only national organization. Is this true?

Do a lot of people here belong to the various organizations and which ones?

I believe AHA ia the only National organization. I belong to AHA and the Brewers Association which is the craft beer side of the organization. Locally in Washington State, I belong to the Washington Brewers Guild (now the Washington Beer Commision and WaBL (Washington Beer Lovers)

Is it worth the money to be in the AHA?

None of the brewpubs near me offer discounts for AHA members, which would definately make it worth the annual dues.

It's definitely been worth it for me. I enjoy getting Zymurgy Magazine and I also get discounted tickets to the Great American Beer Festival which I attend every year. A few Seattle breweries also offer discounts. Plus the AHA rallies are fun events and a great way to meet other local homebrewers.

I just joined today. I know my LHBS gives discounts to AHA members and many microbreweries and prew bubs also give discounts as well.

Sometimes you will get a discount from an unlisted place if you ask. Some offer the discount by cannot advertise it due to local laws OR they don't pony up with AHA.

I haven't joined AHA yet but I belong to the Maltose Falcons which is the oldest homebrew club. We get discounts at our LHBS and we have huge homebrew events so the benifits are great.

Back