Storing fermented ginger ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tribro

Reaction score
I have been making ginger ale for a while now from a bug. The last batch I made, when I tested it before putting it in the fridge exploded in the sink and was quite carbonated. After a few days in the fridge all the rest of the bottles went flat. Am I not supposed to store it in the fridge? If I leave it in the pantry will it eventually explode? Please let me know any advice.....it really stinks to have to toss a product I spent at least 10 days brewing.

Yes, you have to refrigerate it to stop the fermentation. I use a bug too and usually let it bottle ferment for around 10 days before I chill a bottle and test it. Once its to my liking I chill the rest of the bottles. They have never gone flat on me after refrigeration though. It may be that you didnt mix the bug around well enough before bottling. So some got more yeast than others.

Back