First group brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCroc

Reaction score
I have been being for about a year now. Tomorrow a couple of guys are going to come over to brew. One is fairly experience and one has never done it before. we will be doing part grain and part one to make a ris, old rasputin clone.

My question is what are the things that can be done to prepare so things go smoothly and so I don't make an ass our of myself. Lol

I would do whatever you normally do. The question I have is whether this is going to be a hands-on clinic or a show.

If this is a show, I would have everything clean, sanitized and ready to go. If it is a hands-on thing, have a few things left to do when you start so the inexperienced guy can do some stuff for you. He can mix up some sanitizer, scrub stuff, weigh grains, etc.

Assuming you make beer on a somewhat regular basis, you probably have some kind of a process you go through. If you go through roughly that same process, you are unlikely to make an ass of yourself.

I really don't know if it is going to be hands on or a clinic. I was going to try and play it by ear.

TheCroc said:
I really don't know if it is going to be hands on or a clinic. I was going to try and play it by ear.

I guess the choice is yours once the day begins. If your participants are willing and able, put them to work. If all they want to do is talk and drink your previous batch of homebrew, that isn't the end of the world. I'm sure since you've brewed before, you can do the exact same things with an audience!

+1 on the propane. That would make you look like an ass! ;)

Back