Kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK I now have a CO2 bottle, 2 corney kegs and a regulator. What else do I need (besides the fridge and tap)? Like what do I need for a fridge/freezer to convert it to a kegorater?

Most people like to use a special thermostat to control their kegger. This is because the built-in thermostat is designed to hold temperatures a little above freezing and homebrews taste better around 45-50F. My kegger is old and 45F is as cold as it can go. Perfect!

I agree with you, David, ice cold homebrew is not at it's best. I just got my kegging system set up and I love it! However, the bottled beer I have in my basement, which is at 50-55 deg, tastes so much better. Cellering temps should be the same as serving temps.

budbo said:
OK I now have a CO2 bottle, 2 corney kegs and a regulator. What else do I need (besides the fridge and tap)? Like what do I need for a fridge/freezer to convert it to a kegorater?

Bev lines, conectors, shanks and faucets. New o-rings and poppit valves for your cornys would be great too.

ALPS said:
I agree with you, David, ice cold homebrew is not at it's best. I just got my kegging system set up and I love it! However, the bottled beer I have in my basement, which is at 50-55 deg, tastes so much better. Cellering temps should be the same as serving temps.
To each their own. Personally I prefer all my brews at a very cold temps, around 38 degrees or so. That way, as I drink it and it warms up it's still tolerable to me from the first sip to the last gulp.

Latest posts

Back