My New Custom 8g Stainless Kettle from BrewSteel.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eanmcnulty

Reaction score
I was looking for a kettle. I brew 3 gallon batches mostly, but I wanted to brew 5 gallon batches of some of my regular recipes. I figured an 8 gallon kettle would do fine, but I was also looking at the 10 gallon Blichmann, so I posted the question to see if 3 gallon batches were okay to do in a 10 gallon Blichmann.
Some good folks gave me some good info. The Blichmann is beautiful, but I found out that it has a thin bottom (not tri-clad), and that the thermometer is at the four gallon mark in the kettle. With my 3 gallon batches that might work for heating my strike water, but it wouldn't even be under water for heating my sparge water (usually only 2 or 3 gallons).
Kurt at Brew Steel contacted me to let me know that he could outfit a stainless steel, tri-clad, 8 gallon kettle with a thermometer and ball valve for $245 shipped! It is basically the kettle sold at More Beer, but Kurt welded the ports where I needed them. The kettle is stainless steel with a tri-clad bottom and custom welded ports. I’m really impressed with his work. He even included a dip tube.
Take a look at his brew sculptures. They look pretty nice.
| BadAss
I haven’t used the kettle yet, but I will update when I do.

01 New Kettle.jpg

02 New Kettle.jpg

03 New Kettle.jpg

04 New Kettle.jpg

05 New Kettle.jpg

Stupid question on BrewSteel kettles...what's the difference between their "kettles" and "boil kettles". They look the same to me. There is a difference in price but the 8 gallons look pretty much the same.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "kettles" and "boil kettles". I heat water in my new kettle, and after mashing, I boil my wort I the same kettle.

Back