First draft of our new logo. Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me and my buddy chose our design to be based around the Duvel logo, for simplicity. Montbard is a combination of our last names, which also turns out to be a small village in France. I found the village seal/crest on the web and decided to integrate it into our logo. Still trying to figure out a nice background color/pattern, shooting for something rustic and abbey-ish. Any thoughts?

Cheers

montbard-logo-2.jpg

I'd just condense it a bit- make the words a bit smaller and the anno 2010 lower, closer to the montbard. Then put it on a textured tan/offwhite circle.

Thanks for the input - have seen that kind of placement on some Belgians, just had a Bornem tonight, was similar to that style. Cheers!

Do a search for parchment paper and layer that under your current image to be the background. It will give it a nice aged look and go well with the font and crest.

I like it. simple and to the point, +1 to parchment paper, and thats pretty cool how the names combined was a town!

If you go with the parchment idea, make the layer that has your logo on it about 70% opacity. Or play around with the opacity to get the look you want. That way the logo will get incorporated into the image a bit better instead of it looking a little cut and paste.

Why would you want anything French associated with your beer? Kidding. Although French beer on the whole in my experience is pretty subpar.

Well it would have been ideal if Montbard was located in Belgium... but we'll have to make do. France does produce a few great styles, biere de garde and saison come to mind.

Parchment paper sounds like it could work, will have to experiment with different textures. Thanks again

Back