Invert/Candi Sugar Stuck to Wax Paper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CABCDEFG

Reaction score
So I tried making some invert/candi sugar using some of the recipies found on the forum here. Everything went fine, got it to the correct color, and after putting it in the freezer, it seemed to be the correct consistency.

Unfortuantely, I can't get the sugar off the wax paper. As soon as I got the sugar to the hard crack stage, I took it off the heat and poured it onto a shallow pan lined with wax paper.

Should I have waited until it cooled down more? I think it might have melted the wax? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm certain you melted the wax. Flip it out of the pan and heat the waxed paper with a hair dryer on low.

CABCDEFG said:
So I tried making some invert/candi sugar using some of the recipies found on the forum here. Everything went fine, got it to the correct color, and after putting it in the freezer, it seemed to be the correct consistency.

Unfortuantely, I can't get the sugar off the wax paper. As soon as I got the sugar to the hard crack stage, I took it off the heat and poured it onto a shallow pan lined with wax paper.

Should I have waited until it cooled down more? I think it might have melted the wax? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try parchment paper next time. It is impregnated with silicone instead of wax and has a much higher melting point. The cooking show people use it all the time for higher temp applications. Its also good because you don't taste any wax flavor if your stuff is too hot.

Back