Brew Hut Raising Weekend - 4/25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Ed. I have the bug now and am thinking about a brew house too. I was looking at these prefab's from Costco. 10' x 20' with a floor. Hmmm.

987505L.jpg

SWMBO is very supportive of my brewing, and at least tolerant of my drinking. Because of this, I think I'm going to give her the Kitchen back :D .
Mine will be a Tuff Shead. For around $2500 I can be brewing ghetto...then I can work on things like drywall as time permits.

Wow man.. Just looked through your whole thread.! Great job and idea.!

That landscape scenery brings back many memories. I grew up in Dripping Springs TX not far from you. I sure don't miss those seed ticks and chiggers.. lol

Well done..!

What a great morning. It's 68 degrees, I'm feeling good, and my roof crawling neighbor is coming over today. I hope we get this roof papered and shingled today.!!

Today went great! I bought a roofing safety kit and put some Cougar Paws roofers soles on an old pair of tennis shoes for my roofing buddy. He was a happy camper. Things were cranking this morning, we finished the drip edge and we were shingling away and got the ridge vent installed too. The only problem is we came up short on shingles and the color is a special order. 2 weeks to get my last bundle of shingles. Doh!

BrewhausBuild80.jpg

BrewhausBuild81.jpg

BrewhausBuild82.jpg

BrewhausBuild83.jpg

It's not a problem though, the ridge vent is solid and will protect it will the shingles come on. I'm done with the massive tarp finally.

Now, it's time to cool off, shower, then start preparing for a cookout.

Smoked Stuffed Jalapeños
Grilled Tri-Tip Steaks
Corn on the Cob
Garden fresh salad
Garlic Potato wedges.
Apfelwein, Beer, and Margaritas

It's good to be alive today!

Looks great Ed. I'm among the throngs of jealous brewers who keep looking at this thread everytime it pops up. I'm definately interested in going your route. However, living vicariously through you will have to do for now.

Wow Ed! It keeps looking better every time you post. Your Brew Hut is actually a nice addition to your landscaping. I can't wait to see the finished project! You may want to live out there!

Now, it's time to cool off, shower, then start preparing for a cookout.

Smoked Stuffed Jalapeños
Grilled Tri-Tip Steaks
Corn on the Cob
Garden fresh salad
Garlic Potato wedges.
Apfelwein, Beer, and Margaritas

It's good to be alive today!

Turn down the flame my good man...that sounds good! We're coming right over....can they wait 14 hours?:D:mug:

Looks great...but again...what'chew gonna do with the inside of it?

No design on the inside yet. I need to measure an Eckbank set in storage first. I need to make sure there is enough room for that and space to move around and pull a beer before the cold room wall starts.

Wow Ed, that looks great! You've really inspired me to do some more finished work with my setup.

Have you considered a ramp for moving supplies and kegs in and out?

I do have to say that I was really expecting something in a style more like this:
strasbourg_8.jpg

my wife is a tree hugger to, so this is how I handle stuff like this, I go to the nursery and get a pretty tree like a weeping cherry, crab apple, tulip tree ect, then cut it down the offending tree (with out asking) it had to go for the greater good but look honey I got this new beautiful tree, and if it can mark some thing (like anniversary birthday ect) extra bonus
Be very careful with this extremely potent advice. The substituted tree can not under any circumstances be cut down.

So far, the Deck Bloks are working great. It made it very easy to put up the brewhaus on slope. Building is solid.

This one is about 4 g's with a floor. 3500 without.

I'd spring for the floor, otherwise you have to hover while enjoying your beer. :D

Wish I had the room for such a thing...I'd have to fill in my pool, or cut down my fig tree. Next house I buy is gonna come with some acreage.

Looking great Ed!

How happy are you with the Deck Blocks?

If you are thinking of doing this and live in Michigan, I would reconsider. Ed lives in Texas. Not too much of a frost heave problem there:p. Your easiest option would be to dig a post hole about 4-5 feet deep for each post and fill it with concrete. This should get you below the frost line and provide a solid foundation for your shed/building/man cave. Just a word of warning before you purchase something;)

No work on it this weekend. I'm of to BSA Camp Rand (Chimayo) in the Pecos Wilderness in New Mexico this Saturady for a week with 5 other dads and 31 young Boy Scouts.

I'm looking forward to cool nights under the stars.

No work on it this weekend. I'm of to BSA Camp Rand (Chimayo) in the Pecos Wilderness in New Mexico this Saturady for a week with 5 other dads and 31 young Boy Scouts.

I'm jealous...I miss camping, we are trying to spontaneously go this weekend snice SWMBO has friday off. Have fun Ed...7 days of no Apfelwein, can you make it! ;)

Be very careful with this extremely potent advice. The substituted tree can not under any circumstances be cut down.

Thats true but at lease you have some control over where it goes
and what it is :) and dont forget Roundup in the dead of night
roundup_refill.png

If you are thinking of doing this and live in Michigan, I would reconsider. Ed lives in Texas. Not too much of a frost heave problem there:p. Your easiest option would be to dig a post hole about 4-5 feet deep for each post and fill it with concrete. This should get you below the frost line and provide a solid foundation for your shed/building/man cave. Just a word of warning before you purchase something;)

Nope, I was just curious.
But, ive seen a few decks here that used the deck blocks and all seem to be doing good.

you planning on any work this weekend ed?

p.s. ive been following this thread and everything looks great so far

Any dad that supports scouting is good in my book. I'm a pretty young eagle, but I still miss the camping trips.

you have a great plot of land to be building this on too.

:mug:

Made it back early this morning around 12:30 AM. What a trip. I loved the low 50s for sleeping. The Pecos Wilderness is an awesome place.

Here's our campsite at Camp Frank Rand at the Chimayo Scout Reservation in New Mexico.

p1010984.jpg

And a littler further back.

p1010996.jpg

And a little further again.

p1010989.jpg

It's good to be back. Now back to work on the brewhaus!

Vacation?!?!?! We want to see the pics of the inside finished! We're all living vicariously through you on this project, so hop to it! :D

Today went great! I bought a roofing safety kit and put some Cougar Paws roofers soles on an old pair of tennis shoes for my roofing buddy.

Looks awesome Ed... congrats.

+1 on the Cougar Paws on old tennis shoes. I have a pair of these myself.

Back