Brewing Spreadsheets.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it'd be good to have on thread for brewing spread sheets that people are working on.
It's work in progress and I'm sure there's errors. It'd be good if anyone lets me know what they are.

One error I think I had was in the mash effieciency formula.
It's in cell (model) E17 and I think it should be.
=(((E17-1000)*E15/C15)/(C17-1000)*C16)
The more run off I was getting at specified OG the lower the efficiency. I should be the other way. so I swap C15/E15 to E15/C15 and it seems to of corrected it.

I'd like to swap spreadsheets with ya. my email is babinson @ yahoo dot com

mine is not fantastic but the only thing I really wanted to do was to be able enter my grain bill in percentage and have it give me the mass [which was accomplished]

there are some other things like bucket calibrations that may not be applicable to you.

I have 2 spreadsheets (one file) to offer, but don't have any place to post it so others can download.

On the first sheet you input the OG and FG and it calculates the ABV and ABW, the second is a larger chart (for printing) that lists all the calculations when you subtract the FG from the OG; i.e., if your difference is 0.44 then the ABW is 4.620 and ABV is 5.775.

I keep mine in a document protector and pinned to a bulletin board over my stove.

Ok. Gotta try and put a user name to real name here.

Jason? (Awesome sheet)

I'm trying to backwards engineer some of your formulae.
1st of a few I guess.
Is the Gravity figure post boil? If not how have you figured in evaporation from the boil?
What I'm looking at is if thats the gravity based on a 75% mash.

i.e 1053 and I reduce the wort by 10% on boil then I need to /90% to get my sg to fermenter.
i.e (53/90%)=59 of 1059

Can any one suggest?

image1oe7.jpg

Back