What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best thing to hit my post office in a long time!

62ace7e8df5b039769579af518ae574a.jpg

perlick faucet, shank/nipple, beer line, gas line, 2nd regulator, new HP gauge, manifold, clamps and some bard fittings...expanding fridge kegerator from 1 to 3 taps (still need 3rd faucet) with the ability to have 2 kegs set at serving and 1 force carbing if need be! NB should be sending disconnects in the next week and keg #2 goes on gas in a week!

FB_IMG_13845664370054990.jpg

10 lbs pale ale malt
1 lb vienna
1lb roasted barley
3 bubbler airlocks
2 carboy bungs
3 #10 stoppers (which i didnt mean to order!)
288 bottle caps
and smack pack of 1098 which is resting in the fridge after a long haul :D

2013-11-20 17.16.31.jpg

24" stainless whisk, pectic enzyme, and a fast reading digital thermometer. Dang you amazon... haha

4 lbs of hops from hops direct. Amarillo, Citra, Cascade, and Calypso.
Also have a pound of Simcoe ordered that should be here soon.

Got a link? The only controller I can find on their site will heat and cool, but not automatically switch (not dual like the STC1000) :(

I was actually mislead, I thought it would heat and cool but like you said it only does one at a time! I plan on using just the heating this winter as my basement stays cold enough but then will replace just the controller with a stc1000 early next year

I was actually mislead, I thought it would heat and cool but like you said it only does one at a time! I plan on using just the heating this winter as my basement stays cold enough but then will replace just the controller with a stc1000 early next year

That sucks. The only reason I figured it out was because I sent them an email, and asked if their dual-stage controller read in F. The said it did, but that it wasn't dual stage. It sure doesn't read that way.

That sucks. The only reason I figured it out was because I sent them an email, and asked if their dual-stage controller read in F. The said it did, but that it wasn't dual stage. It sure doesn't read that way.

No it doesnt, I was pretty bummed when I got it. I went back on the website after getting it and they do say in the fine print that it doesnt control both.

No it doesnt, I was pretty bummed when I got it. I went back on the website after getting it and they do say in the fine print that it doesnt control both.

Ah, I see that now. I don't recall seeing it before. I hope it was there the whole time. The STC-1000 is what' I'll be getting next month, I just wish it read in F. Easy enough to print off the conversion chart and post it next to the controller, though.

mcbaumannerb said:
Score sheets, medals and gift certificate to my LHBS from the first comp I entered. My placing wasn't so much due to the awesomeness of the brew as weakness in the categories, but I'll take it! :mug:

That's awesome, congrats!

Farmhouse sent me 4# of hops; Simcoe, Centennial, Cascade and Galaxy. I got 10# in the freezer now. Wonder what I can do wid dat?

Score sheets, medals and gift certificate to my LHBS from the first comp I entered. My placing wasn't so much due to the awesomeness of the brew as weakness in the categories, but I'll take it! :mug:

View attachment 161571

Go ahead and put those medals on and walk around like a King for the day! Congrats man! Based on the reviews of people on here I'm sure it was well earned. :mug:

mcbaumannerb said:

That's awesome man. Congratulations! I've never had your homebrew, but I'm sure those medals were well deserved.

Back