Kegerator for Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cammyp

Reaction score
Can anyone lend some insight on making carbonated drinks using a kegerator? Can I bottle them up? If so how long? Etc... I want to be able to make my own sodas and store them away for a later date. Any advice is much appreciated!

Serve soda water and have syrups and whipped cream for making Italian sodas. By doing this, you won't have to clean funky cola/root beer smells from your lines and keg.

Just saw your post in the Italian soda thread.

You can use a counter pressure bottle filler -- it should hold the carbonation after capping. But the bottles should immediately go in the fridge to avoid fermentation.

However, my experience with counter pressure filling is more liquid goes on the floor (or your hair and clothes) than in the bottle.

Good luck.

My preferred method is to force carbonate water in the keg and bottle on top of syrups in glass bottles using a BMBF. That keeps the kegs clean (no strong flavors in keg), they carb faster and more fully (due to absence of sugar in keg).

If you can keep your keg chilled when you bottle, and keep sloshing to a minimum, you can keep a fair amount of co2 in solution and have a nice carbonated beverage. With careful sanitation, I've even kept unrefrigerated bottles stored for a number of weeks without loss of carbonation, overcarbonation, or change in flavor. The only things that have rendered my urefrigerated bottles undrinkable so far is that some with excess solids such as spices or fruit pulp will settle out and create a sludge on the bottom over time, or if I cut corners on sanitation, then they start to tast a little yeasty after a while.

Latest posts

Back