Good deal on new Foodsaver v2830

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckmann

Mann Cave Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
$40 coupon on the Foosaver v2830 and if you add something small to get the cost before the discount to over $100 you will get free shipping! With the discount that makes the price $59.00 for the v2830.

Here is where to go...FoodSaver® V2830 Advanced Design - T000-33250 and here is the coupon code. L8FAV28

This offer was apparently suppose to be expired, but I used it yesterday and it still worked. I ordered the vacuum sealer and a quick marinator for a shipped price of $80.99.....the marinator was $20.99 You could add something cheaper to get the free shipping like a couple of $0.64 accessory hoses, but I figured I would use the marinator.

Nice. Looks like it's still working and getting the sealer with a roll of bags ($10) is about $75 total (they charge sales tax).

can you cut the bags down smaller to seal 1-2 oz. of hops with these things?

I've been looking to get one and this seems like a good deal...

I recently bought one of the handled ones made by Reynolds for $6.99. The down side is that the bags are either qt or gal sized. Still better than $99 for me for now

can you cut the bags down smaller to seal 1-2 oz. of hops with these things?

I've been looking to get one and this seems like a good deal...

Its a little hard to get a good seal with the small bags. You do end up wasting some as there is a space between the seal heater and the vacuum slot. But its worked out great. I tend to do larger amounts of hops per bag and then just reseal after I Take out what I need on brewday.

I recently bought one of the handled ones made by Reynolds for $6.99. The down side is that the bags are either qt or gal sized. Still better than $99 for me for now

I got one of those and it works okay for now. The bags don't seem to all seal that well. I had three in the freezer that would slowly take on air over about a week. I tried all their troubleshooting stuff and it seemed to help, but they still don't seal that well. When the bags work though, the thing is fine for $4.

Its a little hard to get a good seal with the small bags. You do end up wasting some as there is a space between the seal heater and the vacuum slot. But its worked out great. I tend to do larger amounts of hops per bag and then just reseal after I Take out what I need on brewday.

Thanks for the reply here and in PM land. I didn't even think to just take out what I need from a big bag and then re-seal :drunk:

I just do not feel like dropping $100 on one right now sine I am only going to use it so I can buy bulk hops. I am hoping it does the trick. Ya cannot expect too much for $6 but Walmart sells a box of 12 bags for 2.50.

Worked for me! Now I can divide the pound of cascade hops I just bought into 1 oz. baggies! :mug:

thanks for the link, I have been waiting on buying one of these for quite some time. Pulled the trigger today thanks.
Yes, the promo code still worked.

They recently had one of these things on clearance for $44 and I missed it.

I can't really afford it.... but still might jump :p thanks for the linkage.

So far so good... My order shipped today. They were a little slow on processing, but no big deal as long as I get it. Waiting on the UPS tracking data to show up in the system to know when it will arrive.

AWESOME!! I got this today, $68.99 for the sealer AND a spare 8" roll of bags to divide up my hops!!! AWESOME DEAL!!!

My order has been "processing" for 6 days... anyone else? Anyone recieve thiers?

It took them several days to ship, but give them another day or 2. You should get a UPS tracking number soon.

Hopefully mine ships soon... I am sure it will, just impatient.

Got mine today from the big brown truck!

I broke it in by making 2 small bags from the included rolls and sealing 2 ounces of cascade per bag. Then I used it to reseal the main bag of cascade. I was impressed. It made a great seal. I used to have a black and decker or some other brand sealer and I hated it. This one rocks! :ban:

Got mine about an hour ago... already sealed up about 2 pounds of hops that needed re-sealing (it sealed the seal-a-meal bag fine, the Kenmore bag from Niko lost its vaccuum almost immediately) I also sealed up some block cheese that was in the fridge with the FoodSaver Bags, which I have to say seem to work much better in the machine than the other couple brands that I resealed.

I got my (2) canisters, I have three rolls of bags, and my mason jar sealer... time to find some kittens!

Got mine about an hour ago... already sealed up about 2 pounds of hops that needed re-sealing (it sealed the seal-a-meal bag fine, the Kenmore bag from Niko lost its vaccuum almost immediately) I also sealed up some block cheese that was in the fridge with the FoodSaver Bags, which I have to say seem to work much better in the machine than the other couple brands that I resealed.

I got my (2) canisters, I have three rolls of bags, and my mason jar sealer... time to find some kittens!

Let me know how you like the mason jar sealer if you would. I have been considering getting it. Do you have to leave it on the jar or does it seal a mason jar lid on it?

That really could be one of the most ****ed up things I have ever seen in my life and ive seen some ****ed up **** before.

Let me know how you like the mason jar sealer if you would. I have been considering getting it. Do you have to leave it on the jar or does it seal a mason jar lid on it?

That really could be one of the most ****ed up things I have ever seen in my life and ive seen some ****ed up **** before.

I dont know how the mason jar sealer works... it APPEARS that is seals the jar lid on. But the description is not that great.

The Seal a Meal bags and the Food Saver bags work great in the machine. The cheaper "Kenmore" bags that my hops came in lost vaccuum pretty fast... maybe just a bad seal? I dunno, it rocks though!

I dont know how the mason jar sealer works... it APPEARS that is seals the jar lid on. But the description is not that great.

The Seal a Meal bags and the Food Saver bags work great in the machine. The cheaper "Kenmore" bags that my hops came in lost vaccuum pretty fast... maybe just a bad seal? I dunno, it rocks though!

Yea, I have read numerous descriptions and whatnot and still can't figure out how the thing works. If you dont need one for each jar I would wonder how well it would work to just put hops in the jars and reseal everytime you need some. That would save alot of bags.

There is a company selling bags on ebay and they claim to be much better than the actualy foodsaver bags and that they are used commercially. They are relativly cheap. I might give them a try.

Yea, I have read numerous descriptions and whatnot and still can't figure out how the thing works. If you dont need one for each jar I would wonder how well it would work to just put hops in the jars and reseal everytime you need some. That would save alot of bags.

There is a company selling bags on ebay and they claim to be much better than the actualy foodsaver bags and that they are used commercially. They are relativly cheap. I might give them a try.

I have like 55' of bags... so it will be a while before I need to buy more!

Oh yeah... I wont use mine that much, I dont think. Heck, I am only home 10-15 days a month anyway!

Latest posts

Back