Faucet Condensation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acidjazz54

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a kegerator in my garage and I'm getting a lot of condensation on the faucets. Any ideas what would be causing this or how to fix it?

I drilled the holes in the front, ran the shanks through a piece of wood and then through the fridge door. I then used a piece of sheet metal on the inside to tighten the shank nuts onto.

Thanks.

that's from the colder temperature in the keggerator pulling heat out of the faucet, combined with the ambient humidity of your (I'm assuming) un-air conditioned garage. It's normal.

Sounds good. I wasn't sure if it was maybe a sign of heat loss out of the holes I put in the door or something but if you guys think that it's a non-issue then I won't worry about it. Thanks for the responses.

I put caps on each faucet to keep bugs and whatever out of the faucets. During certain parts of the year it has more condensation than others. I suppose you could craft an insulated box to go over the taps when not in use but the loss of cooling is not too great unless you have 10 taps. :D

Back