3 gallon electric system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crooow

Reaction score
Long time lurker here. I'm interested whether anyone has built a 3 gallon electric all grain system.

I've been doing stovetop all grain brewing for a while, and I love it, but frankly it takes a lot of time and the wife says she wants me out of the kitchen. The second issue is I don't drink a ton of beer (strange I know...but I like brewing it). So my 5 gallon batches end up sitting around forever in my kegerator while I get antsy for new beer, so small batches would work well for me.

I would like to setup a brewing system in my basement that is 1) electric, 2) designed for small batches. Has anyone done anything like this? Should I just look at the systems out there and scale them down. I'm mainly curious if anyone has tried something like this and encountered any problems. I'm trying to decide between doing something like this or going back to extract.

I am also interested in how this has been done before, if it has been done. I've seen to cool Countertop Brutus. Seems like one way to go.

The Countertop Brutus looks awesome! Thanks for the link.

I am working on a new 3g system. It's 2 tier, 20L pots, will require only 15 amp service (so can take it/plug it in anywhere), herms temp control, and minimized parts list (such as silicone tubing and pinch valves). parts list at around 450$ at the moment. Its being designed to do low volume and HIGH gravity.

There's a few 4g gallon 20amp systems, check "simple brewery" or some of the smaller brutus 20's.

I am currently doing 3 gallon BIAB with sparge but it's getting frustrating, too many variables, too much labor, starting to lose it's fun. I'm hoping to get into something more consistent, more automated, thinking CB20 style. Part of my issue is also ferm temps but that's another story. Do you think this would be a good direction to move in? I was originally thinking of going to larger batches, but if it's easier to brew, 3 gallons will be fine, as it was I couldn't keep up at 3 gallons every other week, needed help.

I have a 2.5-3 gallon electric brewery in my signature. I use it regularly and love it. It is a modified CB20. Read posts 1 and 2 to get all of its evolution.

Nice, it looks like something like that would work for me, my only concern is tripping a breaker.

Latest posts

Back