Jet Smooth Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetSmooth

Reaction score
I've been thinking of brewery names and whatnot for as long as I've been drinking beer; even before I was brewing myself.

I'd wanted to do something classy and American; something to pay homage to days gone past. Hadn't been able to come up with anything.

Then, I got an email from my mother with a scan of some photos of my grandpa (my dad's dad). He was a Navy pilot and I'd always seen photos of him in his flight helmet and stuff. There was one particular photocopy of an old squadron patch that always gave me a chuckle. The scan was high enough resolution for me to see a signature at the bottom. It was my grandfather's! I didn't know he was the one that designed his squadron patch. Very cool. :rockin:

So, I decided to go with it. I don't know the proper etiquette of "appropriating" military insignia or anything, but it seems to be a family artifact as well.

As far as "Jet Smooth", that's an internet handle I've used for over fifteen years. I made it up one day after watching a PBS show about old cars. They played a commercial for the Chevy Corvair. The voice over claimed it had a "jet smooth" suspension.

Well, when I saw grandpa's patch again, it just sort of clicked.

logo.jpg

I still need to have someone work this up in Illustrator and make it a vector design, so I can use it easier. I know there's an actual patch out there as well, so the colors probably need to be corrected. Also need better test layout and unification. But I love the direction it's going in.

I like it.

Work out some flames for the exhaust (coming out of the metal pipe). Obviously you're still working on it, but it looks nice.

Don't let the logo image cover up the text on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back