wierd question......will corn starch cause any issues?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattler_mt

Reaction score
all right ill explain........ive got a few gallons of my first mead, its spent a month in the primary and am thinking of splitting it into two batches.....the first im thinking of adding chamomile flowers to since i have some in bloom and like chamomile tea and i have read chamomile and mead go well together.....the second im looking for something to really get the wifes attention when i stumbled across in the cupboard wild huckleberry daiquiri mix....hmmmmm.....ingredients: wild huckleberries, sugar, corn starch and citric acid.......so.........is it likely to cause major issues? im on the wrong side of the state to get my hands on any fresh huckleberries :mad:

corn starch is used as a thickener, and it is activated by heat. I'm gonna have to say do NOT heat it. You could be risking turning it into a goey mess. Just put a few campen tablets in it for the sanitization purposes. I'm gonna bet that there's not even enough corn starch in it to thicken it up if heated, but i wouldnt risk it.

I wouldn't add that stuff. citric acid is going to lower your pH. that may or may not be a problem.

if you want huckleberry...ADD pure huckleberries...like a puree or something. not Daquiri mixer.

Back