Has anyone seen this?! (yeast starter saga)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaydaw

Reaction score
This is a video series on how to make a yeast starter. First of all it is 7 parts long at 11 minutes each! This one in particular is just insanity:

Scroll to 5 minutes if you can't bear to watch the rest. It's like a train wreck, I just can;t look away!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to scare anybody, but....

I think this guy would be better suited working with anthrax than making beer...

TakeSomeAdvice is the biggest tool on YouTube. I can't tell whether it's an act or if he's just crazy.

He almost has to be actually crazy. Who else would think of half of that stuff? I mean even if the most OCD homebrewer I know was intentionally going over the top to act like a nutjob he wouldn't come up with getting the particles out of latex gloves and moisturizing himself to avoid skin particles.

I watched his vids,& Craig & friends responses. TSA really is in love with himself. I thought it was just one of those infatuation things. And Craig is a good guy that knows how to get a good brew out of cans. He even does partial extract now & then. He's down to earth,& really wants to help the noobies get started.
But TSA can't get the kits right to save his life,& spits venom at them all the time. He then tries AG,& it didn't come out as he expected,let alone good. By his own admission,no less. He just comes off a little too full of himself.
People tell him all the time to just relax,& let people learn how to get it right. Don't just make vids about how great you are as a brewer. Then turn around & blame the brew when it doesn't come out good.
He has a couple of vids with a haul of Cooper's kits. Messes up all of them,& blames the beer. Brewing all extract AND getting it to come out darn good is a separate set of challenges,in my experience. Lord,ya just gotta love that shizz.

I vote this guy most likely to commit suicide after getting an infected batch... someone needs to be prepared to talk him off the ledge... Just don't yell 'It's puts the lotion on the skin or it get's the hose again'..... he may take offense :)

I've seen this guy on YT and cannot stand watching him. Nobody would want to brew after watching him.

Ummm....wow? Is this guy for real??? And forgetting all of the "over-the-top" sanitation procedures, who has a fridge that takes 3.5 hrs to cool wort for starter?!?!?! I can leave it outside in 90F temps and it wouldn't take that long!

Those aren't wild yeast strains they're Orbs!!! That's one haunted ass kitchen!

If you thought this one was bad, check out the next one.... OMG I realize I am a noob with a lot to learn still... but my god mate... WTF...and really???

"It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told."

I bet he has a pit in that basement too.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Jesus. Dude nearly kills himself in the next video. Holds his breath for over a minute while hes pitching the yeast. I was hoping he'd pass out, fall onto his table and spread that nice clean wort all over his dust free basement floor.

He is an idiot. The "calmest" room is going to be the one with the MOST dust particles in it, settled into the furniture and on desks.

I reply "OK!" to every time he asks "OK?"
It's fun.

I wonder how he'd do with an open fermentation?

IT RUBS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN OR ELSE IT INFECTS THE WORT AGAIN!!!!

silence%20lambs.jpg

Latest posts

Back