Just finished my first mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabledawg

Reaction score
Just finished putting the yeast in the fermenters on my first mead attempt. I used the Joe's Ancient Orange Mead recipe with some changes. I brewed 3-1gallon batches due to the SWMBO wanted to try one herself. I used Lalvin D-47 in all three batches. One batch has everything only change was the yeast. The second one has all the spices but no oranges. The last one is just honey water and yeast. Hope everything turns out ok. If anyone has, any suggestions please share. BTW I have found the happiness in mead make is watching the SWMBO shaking the heck out of a 1 gallon jug to aerate the mead in a tank top. Must make mead more often. :)

Just put everything in the jugs

In the fermentation chest about 7 hours later

If we started posting videos of the SWMBO shaking the heck out of fementers, this forum might become very popular.

I'd watch! I can see me getting my SWMBO to "talk nasty to the carboy!" Ok now arch your back and shake it like a polaroid picture =)

Just opened the top to the fermentation chest and the Joe's Ancient Orange Mead was foaming like mad. The other two are just bubbling away like normal. When I opened the chest the sweet kinda funky smell filled the room.

I have gotten a laugh from this thread this morning... Thanks fellas. hmhmhm. Talk dirty to the carboy.lol;)

Back