Hopping a brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencecore24

Reaction score
In my immortal quest to create my own brand of delicious beer i am constantly in search for making my beers bigger and better. I just finished my brown ale and was pretty happy with it. I used a combination of Chinook (which i really enjoy) and Cascade. I have grown tired of the Cascade flavor. What other hop suggestions do you have for an American Brown Ale? I am always looking to try a new hop or taste something new. Let me have your thoughts! Thanks guys!:mug:

I love Citra Hops, drinking a Citra Pale HB now. That'd be interested to try a brown with Citra. Hmmmmmmm:)

I was wondering the same thing as I am brewing a brown ale using chocolate rye malt this weekend. Was thinking of magnum and cascade possibly? I also have Williamette and Ahtanum laying around too and some tettang.

I have an American Brown on tap right now that I used Amarillo for aroma additions (flameout and dry), It's pretty good. There's some changes I would make, but not to the hop schedule.

Keep the suggestions coming! let me know why you like these, what flavors do they impart you enjoy so much!

Latest posts

Back