San Diego Visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETCS

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm leaving for San Diego tomorrow for 2 weeks. Any recommendations on Breweries, Brew Pub's, LHBS to visit while I'm out there? I will be in the Downtown and Point Loma areas. Thanks.

jkaylor said:
Greetings,

I'm leaving for San Diego tomorrow for 2 weeks. Any recommendations on Breweries, Brew Pub's, LHBS to visit while I'm out there? I will be in the Downtown and Point Loma areas. Thanks.

Be sure to check out Stone brewery.

Mission Brewery is close to downtown and Pizza Port OB is close to Point Loma. But I'd recommend getting to Alesmith, Alpine, Stone, Hess, Pizza Port OB, Pizza Port Carlsbad, Green Flash, Port Brewing/Lost Abbey and Ballast Point.

Probably not on the big radar but I had a great time at Bottlecraft in little italy near downtown. You bring in food from the neighborhood and they crack bottles for you. They've got a lot of local stuff and a some really nice out of town stuff. Found a bunch of Fantome last time I was there and had some great food to go with it.

Great breweries have been listed so far! Also make a point to get into the North Park/South Park area and hit bars like Hamiltons, Small Bar, Monkey Paw, Eleven, Blind Lady Ale House, Tiger!Tiger!, The Linkery... Just ask bartenders or fellow drinkers for suggestions, people are pretty nice around here.

Ballast Point has a homebrew shop near Point Loma right off the 8, but lately I've been going to Homebrew Gardens on Thorn street.

Clems Bottle Shop in Kensington is a MUST.

Too bad you JUST missed beer week!

A trip to SD would be incomplete without Stone. Seeing posts like this makes me so glad I live here.

Stone and the Lost Abbey/Port brewing are must stops. The rest are awesome too, but don't miss Stone or the Lost Abbey.

avid said:
What LHBS(s) should one visit in SD? Thanks!

Goto Home Brew Mart. 15+ ballast point beers on tap (it's the original brewery also) and it's fantastic, was just there buying ingredients.

Pizza port OBand Alesmith! Also, if you want to drive a little, the Bruery is well worth the 2 hour venture!!!

If you hit 30th St. in San Diego you can hit about 6 or 8 really good pubs. My favorite is on the south end of 30th - Hamilton's. Lots of taps, great atmosphere and some of the best pub grub around (try the hop sausage!)

Click here for 30th st.

Latest posts

Back