Central Florida Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, anyone interested, I will be brewing on Sunday 30 Jan. If you want to stop by and say hello, and check it out. I live in Spring Hill. If you are interested, pm me for directions.

Cheers,
Josh

Wow! 70 views and no response.
Had a great brew day, brewed 10 gallons on the brew stand, had several people to teach how to brew. 76% eff and fermenting well.
Thanks for asking!

They were all at my house helping me brew 5 gal of Bohemian Pils.:D

Actually, I don't even like people around when I brew and since I dough-in @ about 7:00 AM, it usually works out that way.

It's a bit far for me too. Just getting to west Orlando is an hour.

This is THE time of year to brew in Florida imo. Easier to maintain ale ferment temps, quicker chilling of wort, not sweating your ass off, etc. We brew like rabbits in winter down here.

This is THE time of year to brew in Florida imo. Easier to maintain ale ferment temps, quicker chilling of wort, not sweating your ass off, etc. We brew like rabbits in winter down here.

Agreed.

O.P - Glad to see you brewing up in Pasco. Glad it was a good brew day.

Man, no kidding. I just set did my first batch on my 10 gallon set up in my garage and it was very pleasant. You made me think of how friggin hot it will be in my garage in August. Unfortunately my fermenting fridge will only hold two five gallon carboys, but I'm gonna keeping going in and out of that sucker over the next few months.

Good to see some florida brew conversation going. Maybe its time to make an orangawein recipe to compete with edworts hit?

I'm just down the road from you in Wesley Chapel... You ever make it to any of the Tampa B.E.E.R.S. meetings? I just went to my first meeting last night, it was a great time and I'll certainly be going back to more as my work travel schedule allows.

They were all at my house helping me brew 5 gal of Bohemian Pils.:D

Actually, I don't even like people around when I brew and since I dough-in @ about 7:00 AM, it usually works out that way.

It's a bit far for me too. Just getting to west Orlando is an hour.

Castle, you and I have similar brewing strategies. Super early, get it done before the family is moving. Love the early mornings here.

I've got to do another brew soon. May do it this weekend or wait until my brother comes in from AZ, next week, he wants to learn. What am I saying, I should do both!

I've got to do another brew soon. May do it this weekend or wait until my brother comes in from AZ, next week, he wants to learn. What am I saying, I should do both!
Both! I brew just about every weekend this time of year.

passedpawn, Saturday morning is pretty much reserved for brewing for me. I just gotta keep the clanking of pots/lids/brewstand quiet for the neighbors.

Another reason (for some) to brew a lot this time of year: NHC is only a few months away!

i've taken the last 2 weekends off for the festivities and such. I need to get back on the train.

I wish I could do those early mornings. My kid gets up so early, I have no chance. I do it during nap time. Noon to 3.

I have been to Tampa Bay BEERS, however that is a long way to drive to get a buzz on. We are starting a small club here in Spring Hill / Brooksville have about 15 people and we just sit around and swap beer, give honest feedback, and talk smack. Since we are small and just starting out, we really don't have any structure yet, which I like, I cant stand politics even in clubs.
Our next club meeting will be Wed 15 Feb if anyone is interested.
Josh

OK folks, I am going to try this again, if anyone is interested, I am brewing on sat 11th at my place, should be a couple of other people over here brewing as well, and always a good time.

Hope you can make it,
Josh

Preach it, brother! I hate brewing in the summer (not enough to stop me, mind you. Just enough to have me ***** about it!)

Sherpa -

Thanks for the invite. It's a drive from Orlando. I'm actually in Tampa/Tarpon Springs/Clearwater/Homosassa a lot for work. Just not on the weekend!

Have a great brewday!

Would your informal, anti-politik, brew club mind if a wandering traveler dropped in on a meeting if he were in town during said meeting?

Hello No stop by, and see whats what.
PM and Ill give you my number or directions to the meeting place.

Sherpa -

Thanks for the invite. It's a drive from Orlando. I'm actually in Tampa/Tarpon Springs/Clearwater/Homosassa a lot for work. Just not on the weekend!

Have a great brewday!

Would your informal, anti-politik, brew club mind if a wandering traveler dropped in on a meeting if he were in town during said meeting?

I'm a little farther north in St. Augustine, but travel down to Tampa a good bit. Maybe I'll try to plan ahead a little the next time I make the trip.

well brewed 10 gallons of La Fin De Monde, and another 10 of Ballast Point Calico Amber,
had some friends over, and showed some others how to brew. All in all a great day.

I know this is an old thread but next time you're up for having some people over, shot me a PM. I'm new and would live to see how someone else gets their brew on.

---Chris

Back