Oktoberfest Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulasaurus

Reaction score
Just wondering if I could get some input/suggestions on my Okotberfest extract recipe before I get this brewing. I realize the Munich 10L isn't really a steeping grain but i've heard its possible to get some fermentable out of it. If you have any suggestions instead of the 1 lb Munich 10L i'd love to hear it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Extract Oktoberfest Recipe

Steeping grains
1 lb. Munich 10L

Hop Schedule
1 oz Hallertau @ 60
.5 oz Hallertau @ 45
.5 oz Hallertau @ 30

Malt
6lbs Munich LME
3lbs Pilsen LME

Yeast
Wyeast Activator 2112.(must keep 58-65 F)

I would use .5lb of cara munich and .5lb of either crystal 60 or 80 and take out the 1 lb of munich. I assume you are keeping it malty to style since you don't list the AA% of the Hallertau you're using. It looks good. Maybe try giving some of the Oktoberfest recipes in the database a look

Thanks for the grain input, that does look to be a much better fit. And yes trying to keep as close to the style as I can considering a few limitations I have.

I'll take a look again through some recipes, been scanning through them daily :D

get the free trial of Beersmith, it helped me get my octoberfest into style.
+1 on adding some caramunich or crystal so it is more malty to style.

Back