Bad ball lock poppet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinchef_fairfax

Reaction score
I have two old Cornys from Pepsi and one has the small poppet valve that has "little feat" on it (best way I could describe it) and the other has this "universal poppet" in it which runs like crap and restricts the flow tremendously.
I'm trying to figure out what part to order to fix things. Do I just need another poppet or a new stem. If so - which one..

ball_lock_bad.jpg

Talk to keg connection I had 2 of those little feet poppets and had a hard time finding one to fit but they sent me a universal popet that works great

I have to bend those little feet on every replacement poppet. Now, I just clean the old poppet's and replace the O-rings. Each keg MFR has their own poppets, your LHBS should have a list of what poppets go to what kegs. All my ball-lock kegs have different poppets.

Universal poppets should not restrict the flow, if anything increase it there is less material involved for restriction. If your connect poppet is not pushing in all the way to open the valve simply cut a coil off the poppet to reduce tension.

Back