need to carbonate a beer in a month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I know your all thinking that 4 weeks is plenty of time, but this beer is for a competition and its hopefully at the end of august. I'll be force carbing this and would like your opinion on what psi for how long.

Oh and sorry for the n00b question. All I found in the FAQ was how to carbonate.

I have BeirMunchers beer gun :D

Also, how much volume is 30 psi of co2?

Not sure I understand the question. What beer are you trying to carb?

If you are asking how much CO2 will be used it depends on how much head space is in the keg.

You can also naturally carb the keg too.

30 PSI in the fridge will have your beer end up at around 4.5 volumes of Co2 if I remember right (way too much for beer, right on for soda though). Generally guidelines say 12 PSI in the fridge for a week. You want to look up some carbonation charts or calculators to go by style and your specific fridge temp

If you are enterring for comp do it to the style of the category you are enterring, you can find the info on those afore mentioned calculators...

Also get it in the bottles with plenty of time to do a little bottle conditioning as well...If you have a month to deadline, maybe force carb it for 2 weeks, then bottle condition for a couple more weeks.

Make sure you know your deadline...I almost let mine slip uo on me...the deadline for the Michigan State Fair is Saturday, so I got to get mine to the drop off point tomorrow....

Back