Attack of the Elephant Farts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cascadian

Reaction score
I started my first batch of Apfelwein while here at school. It was in my dorm room closet. My room is essentially a concrete box with a window at about 3.5 ft. So, I assume, the air beneath the window was displaced entirely by CO2. My roommate's bed is low enough where he sleeps below the window level. Today, he was taking a nap in my room, got dizzy, and puked. I am guessing he was breathing the elephant farts (this particular apple juice made the montrachet go nuts with sulphur smells) and nearly passed out from lack of oxygen.

Let's just say we moved the batch to a friend's place off campus, and I bought my roommate some nice vodka. And I bought myself a belgian quadruple, oi.

:tank:

Carleton College? I saw a Phish show there in 1991! God I'm old!

Haha usually you sneak beer into the dorms, not out. That post made me laugh as I was reading it. I betcha you are attending St. Olaf?

What'd you guess from the name? lol. Let's just say, it was pretty dumb of me to start the batch in my room. Oh well. Tried the first bottle of centennial blonde yesterday with a friend. "This might be the best beer I ever had," he said. That made me both happy and sad... there be souls which need saving from the clutches of BMC.

I'll go one better and say you picked up the vodka at the Muni, because the Firehouse is too far away...

False. I had errands to do at Cub.

Edit: I lie. That was the other day. Eh, I go to firehouse by impulse.

Back