I need soda help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulinuke

Reaction score
I just mixed up soda for the first time and I am guessing at the serving carbonating pressure. Anyone with some expierience that can help?
Currently I have the keg at about 40 PSI as I am trying to force carb it quickly. I have been shaking it whenever I pass by. I was thinking that I remember reading that you should serve/carb to about 35 PSI, does that sound right to anyone. Thanks in advance for everything. Paul

I think 30 psi should be sufficient. I think it will also depend on what "feels" right to you. Try 30 and then push it up if it is not bubbly enough or down if that is too much.

Another thing, what about line length? I know it needs to be fairly long so I don't just pour foam. I was thinking 25 ft with most of it coiled and hanging next to the keg. Thanks again Paul

I run 35 psi for soda and have 15 feet of 3/16ths for the line. I just coil it up & tie-wrap it. The coils are small enought to sit on top of the keg.

how much sugar do you use in the soda if you force carb. the homebrew brand calls for 8 cups for yeast carb just seems a little high for force carbing.

I used the same amount of sugar as I did when i yeast carbed in the past, I figured that there wasn't much sugar being consumed by the yeast before it was carbed and I stuck it in the fridge to top the fermentation process.
My rootbeer tastes perfect, I just need to take care of the foaming issue by lengthening the line. Paul

Latest posts

Back