Another Noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Criniit

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Im brand new to home brewing, and am very excited to start cookin :) One thing that may keep me though, in in college and living in the dorms this semester. And technically your not supposed to have alcohol (though everyone does..cummon its college) So im debating whether to go ahead and start brewing and hide the firmentor/secondary in my closet or something, or just wait till the summer to start...

But anyway, glad to meet you guys..see ya on the flip side.

i would either do it now or study it so that when you get the chance to make some u no exactly what your doin.. im sure no one would notice if you were brewin tho tbh :D

XELA said:
i would either do it now or study it so that when you get the chance to make some u no exactly what your doin.. im sure no one would notice if you were brewin tho tbh :D

haha yeah, ive been reading everything I can find and am pretty confident on I know what im doing..at least for my first patch with malt extract. Everyone around here keeps saying that they have random room inspections, but I haven't seen any lol..I think im just going to go for it.

what will happen if you get caught?

might not be worth the risk!

Out of curiosity, what are you going to use to boil the wort? Hotplates wont cut it, and a turkey fryer in your dorm room isn't a good idea.

Im a football player so we get the kick ass apartment/dorms. We have a full kitchen so just use the stove.

As far as what happens..Im pretty sure I get thrown out of the dorm, so it better be some damn good beer to risk that lol.

memories.....

...or lack of them. School? When? Do what I did when sneaking a brew - use a syphon tube attached to the top of the airlock and put it out a window.

Personally I would not risk getting kicked out of the dorm. esp if it is a nice one like you say. Risk versus benefit versus potential outcome = brew somewhere else.

EDIT : Legalities have been ignored in this post of course.

dibby33 said:
memories.....

...or lack of them. School? When? Do what I did when sneaking a brew - use a syphon tube attached to the top of the airlock and put it out a window.

Personally I would not risk getting kicked out of the dorm. esp if it is a nice one like you say. Risk versus benefit versus potential outcome = brew somewhere else.

EDIT : Legalities have been ignored in this post of course.

yeah about the window thing...i live on the 3rd floor..lol would be one long siphon :)

Yeah so the legal implications might be more worrying than getting kicked out of the dorm maybe? Also expulsion from school? Home brewing is not worth that, that's your future.
But, maybe put the fermenter in the back of your closet covered with something non-suspicious, should you decide to anyways.

sause said:
I suggest waiting until 7-31-08 since to doing it any earlier would be illegal.

What is this 31st month you are talking about.
jan, feb, mar - but after 12 I am mostly confused!

why do americans do that anyway? what is 2/3/7. very confusing. :D:confused:

seefresh said:
IN the military (US) its done like 18 Oct 2007

that makes more sense. sorry - just ranting!

my pc here has some applications displaying todays date as 27/02/2007 and some 02/27/2007 and it gets on my tits. Makes it a pain searching for dates and sorting them and the like. Anyho... now what about that mad driving on the right, what is all that about! ;)

i say 1. make small batches 2. make up some false paper work, and keep it by your fermentors, 3. say its a project for your class! plus isnt it about impossable for the football players of a collage to get in any trouble anyway?

I say first, you sound like you are underage, and you better not be asking what a primary fermenter is in your next post or you are going to get so many EACs crapping on you from a great height that you will be so ashamed you will move countries. So, if you ARE underage, I am not willing to help you out :) Nothing against you, just protection for this board..

:mug:

dibby33 said:
What is this 31st month you are talking about.
jan, feb, mar - but after 12 I am mostly confused!

why do americans do that anyway? what is 2/3/7. very confusing. :D:confused:

You forget you are upside down. So you just switch everything around. If someone asked me the date I would say February 26th so I write it 2/26. So go back to your driving on the wrong side of the street you wanker.;)

Back