help finding a mfl adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucfanmike

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I habe 1/4 mfl swivel notes on all gas and beer lines on all my systems. I use both pin lock and ball lock so it allows me to switch easily. The last batch of pin lock qd's i got from an auction have larger ffl threads, like 5/16 i think. I have all the hoses so i have swivel nuts for them but then i cant change them out freely. So ideally i would like to find an adapter like 1/4 male to 5/16 female to adapt these new qd's to be interchangeable. cant seem to find something like that in mfl.

I habe 1/4 mfl swivel notes on all gas and beer lines on all my systems. I use both pin lock and ball lock so it allows me to switch easily. The last batch of pin lock qd's i got from an auction have larger ffl threads, like 5/16 i think. I have all the hoses so i have swivel nuts for them but then i cant change them out freely. So ideally i would like to find an adapter like 1/4 male to 5/16 female to adapt these new qd's to be interchangeable. cant seem to find something like that in mfl.

5/16" FFL x 1/4" MFL is what you need, but damned if I can find anyone selling one. Strangely, I can find all kinds of MFL-MFL adapters - gawd only knows why...

Cheers!

yea thats all i could find also. except 1 refrigeration repair supply place but it was some jumper with a shutoff for cooling systems.

yea thats all i could find also. except 1 refrigeration repair supply place but it was some jumper with a shutoff for cooling systems.

Yeah, I saw that - it had a button on the female side to open a Schrader valve, probably wouldn't play nice with the QD.

Hate to say it, but you'll probably have to cobble something together with separate 5/16" FFL x barb and barb x 1/4" MFL parts with a bit of hose in between...

Cheers!

You might be better off selling those odd QD's and getting standard ones

Are you sure they are truly 5/16'' FFL?

If they are a coke branded version, they may be a proprietary thread with a gasket seal. I have some that I received with an original coke branded jockey box designed for pin lock kegs, and the fittings did not seem to be standard to me.

I would definitely say it isn't worth your time, effort, or money to make them work since it is so easy to find ones that will work for fairly cheap if you need more.

Back