Crazy Customer emails...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Dog

Orange whip?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I figured this would help blow off steam... Here is one I got today. I have read it 4 times now and still don't know what she wants.

"My name is XXXXXXX i called on Monday regarding the cd labels and you faxed me the pricing on the labels. I wanted to know how much will be the exact price we have our custom label all we need to to print them out. I believe is more than 3 color. We also used avery cd labels.

I would like to know the price?"

One of my favorite ones is a reply to our auto responder. It sends out a blank document every time with the response which needs to be filled in when someone sends an email to that address.

I had one guy email in a good half dozen times: "I ALREADY HAVE THIS FORM, STOP &!@#(# SENDING THIS TO ME." - at which point I'm sure he got a copy of the form back from the responder. :p

Some of our best stuff comes from out of country. You can tell they use a bad translation tool and it sounds creepy and weird.

Sounds to me she would like an exact quote for her specific print job. Based off of her print-run, color usage (4/C) and paper stock (avery cd labels).

srm775 said:
Sounds to me she would like an exact quote for her specific print job. Based off of her print-run, color usage (4/C) and paper stock (avery cd labels).

Yeah, it wasn't that hard to understand.... Then again I work in the mortgage industry so I get a lot of emails from underwriters who, as a rule, refuse to use complete sentances or spell check...

c.n.budz said:
Yeah, it wasn't that hard to understand.... Then again I work in the mortgage industry so I get a lot of emails from underwriters who, as a rule, refuse to use complete sentances or spell check...

And you wonder why they got into trouble for underwriting sub prime loans...

On another forum I visit there's a thread called "Modern US Illiteracy" for this kind of stuff.

The scary truth is that today, a lot of people write in the same fasion online that they do in meatspace. When I get e-mail like that I just visualize how I would handle someone SPEAKING as badly. You know that guy who never pauses GETS LOUDER randomly keeps running sentense s togetehr forgets spaces and watns his stuff! now! it's ur fault!!!

srm775 said:

I understand however I gave her that quote Monday which she refers to in the email.

There is more to the story which I didn't post at the time...

This email came from an unknown address.
I let her know Monday that we can't use her Avery labels.

While I remember doing the quote I don't remember her company name. I just replied back and asked her to reference a quote number.

Evan! what exactly do you do?

I work for a printing company which manufacturers labels.

Honestly I wasn't planning on slighting her customer service. I take pride in my job and I think I do it well. This just seemed like a good place to blow off some steam is all.

Back