who's locked and loaded?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
I just vacuum sealed 3 lbs of hops in 2oz portions...a bit more work than I expected but the fragrance of the homestead is welcoming reward.

During the same session I measured my hops for tomorrow's brewday! This is the first brew day in over a month due to my addiction to college football. The Ducks are on a bye week and I found a window this weekend between watching other college teams and a trip to Seattle for the Seahawks game! I have my small amount amount of light DME measured out (small tun and brewing an IIPA) Also have all my equipment layed out and ready to go....Ive never been more prepared for a brewday. I feel that this will be the main reason reason why everything goes south (IM much better under pressure)

The beer is called ByePA (Oregon Ducks bye week)...Im freakin stoked!

who else is locked and loaded for tomorrow?

I got bottles soaking to take labels off this morning.
Got the grains measured out for mashing this afternoon.
Now all I have to do is get the hops, I forgot them yesterday.

I am making a Black Butte XXI clone with choclate, coffee and oak chips and bottling a Pale Ale. Plus Applewine so its going to be a busy Brew day.

You sound ready and stoked!

I have yet to get things ready (other than recipes, ingredients, and my own thoughts) ahead of time - that's just a part of my brew time. I'm planning on making a Hoppy Wheat (kind of an APA but with 50% wheat malt) either this afternoon or tomorrow - depend on how the rest of the day goes. The heavy burdens of running the wide-spread Pappers enterprises make it hard to predict sometimes when I'll have four hours to myself.

Have a blast! :mug:

Back