Immersion Chiller Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAman

Reaction score
Building a immersion chiller and I came across a post awhile back from a home brewer who built his chiller and posted pictures on this site. I ran a search and came up with over four hundred posts and after looking thru about 300 I gave up trying to find his post. So am writing to see if anyone can steer me to this particular post. His chiller was the copper coil shaped around a corny keg, he used copper wire to evenly space and tie each coil. He tied each coil on three sides and sweated the wires. I would like to do the same if I can find his post, can anyone help? Thanks.

Did it look like this?

img_0691_1.jpg

No problem. It sports 50' of 1/2" ID copper for the coil and all of the straight pieces are 5/8" OD pipe. Nothing really exotic, but I have a few more pics if you would like to see them.

This chiller looks awesome! Can you post the other pics?

I'm guessing the 3rd is for putting wort back IN.... draw it out thru a spigot, and pump it back thru that pipe, to get a whirpool effect?

I'm guessing the 3rd is for putting wort back IN.... draw it out thru a spigot, and pump it back thru that pipe, to get a whirpool effect?

That is exactly correct. I press-fitted a section of pipe in the end of the 45 so I could bend it, flatten it, shape it, etc without having to un-solder anything if the return flow didn't suit me.

Latest posts

Back