Westy's CO2 Refills in Mechanicsburg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wixziu

Reaction score
I thought this might be helpful to anyone looking for CO2 refills in the Harrisburg, PA area. Westy's Beer Distributor will fill or exchange CO2 tanks. For my 5 lb tank, I had to allow them several hours to chill the tank before I could pick it up. Fill was $18 as of 3/2016.

I guess it depends on where you live, but AirGas in Harrisburg cost me $16.77 to swap my tank (5#)and bought a pack of neoprene regulator washers. The pro's of going to AirGas are I didn't have to wait for tank to be filled, plus you never have to worry about the tank expiring if you do tank swaps within 5 years.

I thought this might be helpful to anyone looking for CO2 refills in the Harrisburg, PA area. Westy's Beer Distributor will fill or exchange CO2 tanks. For my 5 lb tank, I had to allow them several hours to chill the tank before I could pick it up. Fill was $18 as of 3/2016.

I have an update in my search for cheaper fills. Kint corporation off of Crooked Hill Rd. in Harrisburg (across the street from post office) will fill or swap. You can get a fill while you wait on the days that they have the equipment running. For new customers bringing tanks, you will have to drop the tanks off for testing before they will accept them for trade. They will also place stickers on the tanks and I was told that this is required by PA law.

5 lb. was $14.50 (including tax)
10 lb. was $23.32 (including tax)

Side note: this was the third time I have filled this 5 lb. for force carbing and serving 6 5 gallon kegs. Although I checked all the lines, manifolds, regulator for leaks, my post O-rings had cracks in the rubber. So lesson learned, check your O-rings!

Back