Tri-Clamp Brewhemoth Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverCityBrewer

Reaction score
My TC Brewhemoth arrived today, so I went ahead and slapped all the hardware on and took some pictures.

2843-a.jpg

2842-a.jpg

2839-a.jpg

2840-a.jpg

2841-a.jpg

The pics speak for themselves, but I can post all the parts and where I got them from if anyone is interested in making the same build.

I can't wait to get some wort in this thing, the welds all look clean and solid, and the Josh and Dale were great in spec'ing out this thing exactly the way I wanted it. If you are on the fence about buying one, I wouldn't wait a minute longer... I'm glad I spent the money on this instead of spending nearly double for one of the other brands.

Joe

Pics didn't open for me in chrome but they did in firefox, some weird bug.

Looks great though

How long is your thermowell and how long is your Tee? I'm waiting for mine to ship and haven't finished ordering all the parts yet.

The thermowell is 22" long and its from brewershardware.com... he only lists a 20" on his site but just tell him what length you want and he'll make it for you. The tee is a 1" TC also from brewershardware and its about 3" long. The 22 puts the end about 4 inches from the top of the seam of the cone, which is perfect for core temp readings.

I'm ordering a Brewhemoth later this week and can't decide between the tri-clamp and the standard valves. Trying to weigh the cost to benefit ratio. What was your total cost in additional fittings/valves that did not come from Brewhemoth? I know yours has extra perks like the sightglass but just looking for a ballpark.

I'm ordering a Brewhemoth later this week and can't decide between the tri-clamp and the standard valves. Trying to weigh the cost to benefit ratio. What was your total cost in additional fittings/valves that did not come from Brewhemoth? I know yours has extra perks like the sightglass but just looking for a ballpark.

Here was my part list from Brewershardware:

TC10VBUTTERFLY 1" Tri Clover Butterfly Valve - Pull Trigger $47.00
TC15CLAMP 1.5" Tri Clover Clamp $6.00 7x $42.00
TC15BUNAGASKET 1.5" Tri Clover Gasket Buna-N $0.75 10x $7.50
TWTCCAP20 20" Tri-Clover Thermowell $29.00
TC10TEE 1" Tri Clover Clamp Tee $19.00
TC15B12 1.5" Tri Clover X 1/2" Hose Barb $13.00 2x $26.00
TC15B10 1.5" Tri Clover X 1" Hose Barb $17.00
TC15CAP 1"/1.5" Tri Clover Cap $2.65 2x $5.30

I opted to go for the 1.5" butterfly for the bottom dump valve which I got from Morebeer Pro

H661 1.5" Butterfly Valve (304 S/S) 7 Position Handle $69.00

Here was my part list from Brewershardware:

TC10VBUTTERFLY 1" Tri Clover Butterfly Valve - Pull Trigger $47.00
TC15CLAMP 1.5" Tri Clover Clamp $6.00 7x $42.00
TC15BUNAGASKET 1.5" Tri Clover Gasket Buna-N $0.75 10x $7.50
TWTCCAP20 20" Tri-Clover Thermowell $29.00
TC10TEE 1" Tri Clover Clamp Tee $19.00
TC15B12 1.5" Tri Clover X 1/2" Hose Barb $13.00 2x $26.00
TC15B10 1.5" Tri Clover X 1" Hose Barb $17.00
TC15CAP 1"/1.5" Tri Clover Cap $2.65 2x $5.30

I opted to go for the 1.5" butterfly for the bottom dump valve which I got from Morebeer Pro

H661 1.5" Butterfly Valve (304 S/S) 7 Position Handle $69.00

Thanks for this post, and thread, Joe. It has really helped in ordering/setting up my brewhemoth. Especially as I've placed my order in US and it got flown over the little lake we know as the Pacific Ocean.

Cheers Ken:tank:

Thanks for this post, and thread, Joe. It has really helped in ordering/setting up my brewhemoth. Especially as I've placed my order in US and it got flown over the little lake we know as the Pacific Ocean.

Cheers Ken:tank:

No problem Ken,

Be sure to post some pics when you get it all set up.

Will do! One thing different in mine is the adjustable legs. The legs aren't solid, all have slots from top to bottom. This will allow the back leg to be shorter, if need be, to accommodate the compressor hump. (pics to follow once set up)

Back