Very cheap hops on Ebay, do you trust???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you can get them even cheaper from hopsdirect. Although, I don't know where you are so I don't know how much shipping costs you. For me, hopsdirect is definitely cheaper.

BTW that cascade is more than $1/oz.

I've bought from Migord before, easy to work with and he ends up sending a extra half oz. for good measure.

I recently bought 4 pounds from HopsDirect.com. Cost including shipping to VT (probably the most expensive place to ship in the lower 48) was from .57 (Cluster) to 1.03 (Saaz)/oz.

Hopsdirect.com man, (like everyone else said). I last ordered 7 lbs, and total cost per STATED ounce was $0.69 including shipping. Of course, HD sends around 18 oz per 1 lb, so when I actually weighed it all out, it was more like $0.60/oz.

i ordered some centennial from an ebay retailer. got them home and went to use them and they had ZERO aroma though the seller claimed to have taken them from a freshly opened package.

Avoid ebay hops. hopsdirect, freshops, or any of the trusted online HBS. don't even bother wasting your time on ebay.

i ordered some centennial from an ebay retailer. got them home and went to use them and they had ZERO aroma though the seller claimed to have taken them from a freshly opened package.

Avoid ebay hops. hopsdirect, freshops, or any of the trusted online HBS. don't even bother wasting your time on ebay.

I disagree. I got most of mine off of ebay from this guy. http://cgi.ebay.com/GLACIER-HOPS-T-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efc3e81ed

He is local to me so I go pick up what I need.

Yeah, I've bought from migord & had a good experience. Of all the ebay sellers I've bought from, I've had 4 good experiences and 1 bad. With ebay, you've got to assume you'll get a bad one now & then. As long as you can live with that. . . .

Latest posts

Back