mini fridge door seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickN72

Reaction score
I got a used mini fridge that I'm going to use as a fermentation chamber. it appears that i can fit my bucket inside without any modifications other than taking off the inside door panel. I pulled the panel off, but that is what held the door seal in place. what have you done to put that seal back on without the door panel?

Usually, the door seal is sandwiched between the door panel and the door itself. I laid the door panel on top of a light panel I bought from Lowe's. Basically, it's just a big piece of plastic, and traced the holes onto it. Cut the plastic to size and drilled the holes. I positioned the door seal on the new panel and lined up the screw holes and put it together. Some people use a hardboard insert and paint it with chalkboard paint so they can write on it. Just make sure your replacement panel is the same thickness as your old panel where the seal went around it. Hope this is clear - Dwain

Back