Stainless steel price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brotherdrew

Reaction score
I got a quote back from a local steel supplier in South Florida. He is asking for $360 for 40 feet 2x2x0.120, 304 SS. He is cutting it down to any size for free and no limit on number of cut. How is this price compare to else where in the country?

That mean the quote I got is still a fairly good deal. To get to 40 feet with your price I would be paying close to $500 bucks

Online metals is not the cheapest on the block, but I do get some very exotic metals from them that I can't get anywhere else.
Yeah, I think your supplier is treating you well... especially if he's willing to do all the cuts. Cuts may run $5 a piece at some shops.

Sounds like a fair price. Check different sizes and thickness. I've noticed some suppliers will charge less for larger sizes because they are more common. I buy it local and they charge by the pound. Smaller sizes are more per pound and larger sizes are less? Go figure. Either way the price you got seems fair.

Online Metals is great for small orders or exotic material. If you are buying enough material to build a brewstand any local steel yard will have the best rates. For me its Everett Steel or Alaskan Copper and Brass.

Back