Without A Doubt My Batch Is Infected

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BesteBrew

Reaction score
I just cracked open my third batch last night. I drank about 15 of them and then threw up everywhere. I also had trouble standing and called up an ex girlfriend to yell at her. What do you guys think? Is it infected? Should i toss it?

a few observations - 15 of them and then threw up? could be the 15 of them... did they taste off because an infection is undrinkable - unless you are already drunk....

I bet it w as the eX

a few observations - 15 of them and then threw up? could be the 15 of them... did they taste off because an infection is undrinkable - unless you are already drunk....

I bet it w as the eX

I think your sarcasm meter is broken.. might want to look into that.

15 and you threw up? The only thing "man" about that is wo"man". Who can't handle 15 beers?!?! Flippin amaters!!! LOL

I had an experiance like that a few months ago.
Drank a growler of Dead Guy.
Then drank a growler of Double Dead Guy.
Then drank a bomber of Arrogant Bastard.
Then I don't remember what happened.
Then I woke up feeling like crap.

Did perhaps you get an infection from the ex, pass it on to the beer, and then get it turned around and sent right back in some sort of weird infection circle of life?

This is an unbelievable case!

a growler of Double Dead Guy sounds like a dream to me. I wasn't aware the DDGA came in a growler.

FYI the Double Dead Guy get release from May to August this year. I already have a case on order.

Did perhaps you get an infection from the ex, pass it on to the beer, and then get it turned around and sent right back in some sort of weird infection circle of life?

This is an unbelievable case!

Gives whole new meaning to yeast infection.

I just cracked open my third batch last night. I drank about 15 of them and then threw up everywhere. I also had trouble standing and called up an ex girlfriend to yell at her. What do you guys think? Is it infected? Should i toss it?

I dunno. Drink another 15 and see if you don't get the urge to karaoke or suddenly wake up in jail. If so it most definitely is an infection!

Pfft. Blacked out after three drinks? Lightweight!

Well if that ain't country its a damn good joke LOL. (David allan coe)

Damn dude you drank like 2#of malt extract + or - steeping grains and around 1/2 oz of hops give or take. Assuming 200 cal per beer roughly 3000 calories- thats a few steak dinners unless that was a pretty rare steak id say definatley salmonilla infection. ha

This sounds familiar to what I went through last summer at a local music festival. I'm pretty convinced that the 5 pitchers of Spaten were infected! They had to be because I don't remember half the night. Unfortunately the wife does....:(

beerloaf

Well if I drank 15 beers and threw up I wouldn't immediately blame it on an infection. :D

It's hard to say that this is an infection being that it is an isolated incident. I would suggest sending me a case of your brew, and I will see if I get the same results.

Sounds like you already tossed it.

the only infection your going to have is when you drop the kids off at the pool the next morning...good luck with that.

He said it was beer, not the dreaded five pound whiskey s***. I seriously think the OP needs to send some samples around to verify the alcohol, I mean infection status of the brew.

I agree. Spread the infection to all of us we all need a kind of zombie-vampire infection amoungst us.Send all the posters 1 bottle min.

I got tears in my eyes from that one. You da man!

Back