Big time muck up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badlee

Reaction score
I was so happy last night,brewing up my very first Baltic Porter, also my very first lager, we will not mention that it was only a one gallon batch;).

It was the most boring boil EVER, with one hop addition and then whirlflock at 15. In fact, there was so little to do that I had the beer in a temporary FV for over night trub separation inside of 3.5 hours.

This morning I awoke with a sense of school boy excitement,ran down stairs, got out the star san, sanitized a funnel, bung, air-lock and blow off tube. I then siphoned the wort from one FV to another, leaving behind 90% of the crap, shook it like it owed my money on payday, pitched a decent size started at the same temp and chucked it into the fermentation fridge.

I had action inside of 45 minutes.

At 50 minutes after pitching I realised that I had missed out a step: I forgot to sanitize the FV which it is now in.

The FV was clean and had sat with a bung and blow off on all night.

The last thing I fermented in the bugger was and all Brett Cust, mild.

So,lads, what are the odds that I just fu**ed up my special new year beer?:mad:

At this point you just have to wait. Beer was made forever without star san. Chances are, you'll be okay if it was truly cleaned well.

That's one the way I was trying to look at it.
Thanks very much. Maybe I can sleep tonight, 30 miles away from my beer.

That's one the way I was trying to look at it.
Thanks very much. Maybe I can sleep tonight, 30 miles away from my beer.

The only way I get 30 miles from my beer, is when I'm busy earning more brewing money!:D

pb --- Other wise, the beer comes with me!:mug:

Latest posts

Back