Dragonlance Themed Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardedSquash

Reaction score
I have a love for the Dragonlance book series, and I tend to show this off with my labels. Here are two of them. And yes, I do brew more than porters, these just happen to be two of my favorite labels.

Espresso_Porter_Small.jpg
Port_of_the_Crown_Small.jpg

I've never read the books, or even heard of them, but they look pretty hardcore fantasy. Even though "Porter of the Crown" is in one of my least favorite fonts, I'll let it slide. Those are win.

I started reading DL books back when Weiss and Hickman wrote the first trilogy. Excellent reads! I like their writing style and have read many of their books. The DL books are fun fantasy, and not always serious, but sometimes and always engaging.

I've also liked McKeirnan's Mithgar books, Iron Tower Trilogy and Silver Call Duology, and the later books.

I've also threatened to use the discworld as inspiration for labels and beer names. Someone actually had licensed discworld themed beer, but they are not in business now I believe.

I would love to see what could be done with Raistlin's Golden Hourglass Eyes.

My wife and I have thought long and hard about how to incorporate roses into a red ale for a Raistlin Majere themed beer. The hourglass eyes would be a good idea for something that would be aged quite a while before drinking.

Giving a beer a theme is half the fun for me. It's a way to add even more creativity to an already amazing hobby.

I haven't read any Iron Tower books. I'll have to check them out.

wow! these posts bring back some memories. i read these books years ago. i actually own the Iron Tower trilogy and several of the Weiss/Hickman DL's.

those labels are cool. i like the Esspresso Porter one best. the Raistlin idea is great. that trilogy was the first DL i ever read.

Even though "Porter of the Crown" is in one of my least favorite fonts, I'll let it slide.

Whoa whoa whoa, how can you NOT like Papyrus?!?! (Yes, I actually knew the font name by looking at it...it's crazy how much that sticks with a person from the graphic designing days of old...)

I'm not a label maker myself, but I checked into this thread as a DL reader. Loved Chronicles and Legends. Read a few of the non Weiss/Hickman books as well, still fun, but not as good. I don't know what style it would best fit, but "Wanderlust" would be a great name for a beer.

Those are great. I am going to have to look into some of the great SciFi and Fantasy I have read for beer names. Maybe a Fizban ESB, Jack the Bodiless Barleywine or something.

My God! How have I not thought of Raistlin's Elixor?! That's amazing!

Glad I could help. It's been a few years, I read the entire series in High School. Raistlin was always a favorite of mine.

Anyhow, someone needs to make a good old fashion Dwarven Skull Crusher Ale.

Okay I'm in on this too. So gotta make some DL inspired brew and labels.

Maybe a Leaves of the Last Home: Otik's Spiced Ale?

Draconian DragonAle?

Taris by the Sea that is no longer by the Sea Ale?

Oh and don't forget Wanderlust Ale (thinking mine would be Apfelwein on that on or some other higher AC brew).

Back