Other than drinking...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that it's not Mexico's independence day as people think ..... but other that, not much.

Its a good day to work at a car wash... We used to get some huge tips back in the day from all the drunks coming through.

I've been known to wear a big hat on that day! :) But that did involve drinking....

drukensombrero.jpg

It's the sinking of a Mayonnaise cargo ship in the Gulf of Mexico and it's celebrated every year with crazy drunkenness.

i know WEEN has a lyric about it in a song its a great song....cinco de mayo's on tuesday

BierMuncher said:
I know it's impossible to get in and get a platter of nachos at the local "Chevy's" restaurant (local tex mex joint).

Yeah, but you have Triscuits, cheese, a microwave and beer. No chevys needed.

It's actually called the Battle of Puebla, when the Mexicans won a decisive battle against the cheese eating surrender monkeys in the state of Puebla. It's also a holiday more celebrated in the US than it is in Mexico. And just like in the US, it is not a federal holiday in Mexico either.

EdWort said:
Yeah, but you have Triscuits, cheese, a microwave and beer. No chevys needed.
Biermuncher, did you just possess EdWort? Stop that.

The lead-up to Cinco de Mayo in San Antonio is a fair of sorts simply called, Fiesta. It's a boozefest with the occasional live band worth a listen.

Seriously how does an Airline whos planes are always packed to the gills and charging 3500 a seat each way go bankrupt?????????

350 passengers
x 3500 a seat
$1,225,000 per flight + Cargo fees........

sigh

Back