In-between fills - kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psymonkey

Reaction score
I thought I read on here at some point that a lot of people will kick a corny keg, leave it pressurized and then rack the next batch of beer directly into the keg without so much as a cleaning or for some, even a rinse (provided the beer is of similar style).

Did I dream this? I've finished my first keg, have two more on draft and am ready to fill this one again. I've got a batch ready to go.

What do you do?

I've never done that, but I have placed a new keg into service on a line and tap that I decided not to clean first. I did that because the last keg was only kicked for a day and the new keg was the exact same beer. I don't think I would put a new beer in an old keg that wasn't at least rinsed out first.

Cool, thanks! It sounded a little strange. I'm thinking maybe it was the question of periodic deep-cleaning, which since asking I've found many people do fairly infrequently. Will definitely clean/rinse/sanitize :tank:

Back