I already have a kegorator, but this sure would be fun..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I wasn't so far away I would jump on it. You may have a kegerator, but what about a lagering chamber?

It's only 11" deep. Don't think it would work for lagering my buckets or carboy's...

I'd have to use a corny keg to ferment in. Which isn't all bad I guess.

Hmm...

Thanks for the heads up, I just bought it and plan to pick it up this weekend! I'm in Idaho and from Portland Oregon... :) ok, i'm kidding about buying it and picking it up... but that would be a cool idea!

I ended up buying the cooler.
Now I need to figure out what to do with it. Its not quite tall enough for fit a corny. Maybe I can get two smaller cornies. Anyone have ideas? I'll post a pic when I can.

The depth is 22" so I MIGHT get a corny to fit if I cut parts of the rubber base and handles off. Not sure if I want to do that though.

get 2 2.5 or 3 gallon cornies... does that thing light up in the front? If so it would be neat to get a graphic shop to make you some kind of beer graphic to wrap it with. Even if it doesn't light up it would be a cool looking rig.

I'm leaning toward the 3gal cornies. I already have a keezer with a collar.

It does have back lighting. I was think of something with diamond plate might be cool.

if you could somehow get brew some love on it and a cold beer it would be a classic. Some diamond plate accents would be cool too

I would think it would be cheaper to build a collar and put your kegs in there than buying 3 gal ones

It would be cheaper. But there is inside case lighting I would loose is I put a collar on. Maybe I can make a collar type lid that can have some sort of light effect incorporated.

Ok, so this is what it is. http://www.idw-usa.com/images/products/uploads/188.pdf
The retail on these is unbelievably expensive.

Here's some pics of the unit.

WP_001093.jpg

WP_001106.jpg

WP_001104.jpg

WP_001105.jpg

WP_001094.jpg

Notice the adjustable thermostat.

So, now the fun begins... but first I need a beer.

I missed the Criagslist post. What did you pay for that thing? Just wondering how bad I should hate you. :)

Nice score! Have fun with that.

Back