Left Hops in Wort.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casablanca

Reaction score
Hey all I just brewed a basic light ale and an amber ale in which I used pelletized hops... no where in the instructions from my local brew store did it say to strain these out but upon further reading I am seeing that maybe I should have... can any one help me with this? is my beer ruined? Thank you in advance fr replying.

Na, its not ruined. I have done it plenty of times. Just strain em out next time. I like to reuse the yeast cake so I always try to strain them out so there not in the way.

Not a problem. At the end of your boil and cooling swirl your wort (with a sterile spoon) and let the whirlpool come to a stop. This piles up all the hop pellet debris, hot break etc in a cone in the middle of your brew pot. If you siphon then just siphon from the edge of your pot, with a valve just open it up and drain. Any pellet debris/trub that makes it through to your fermentor will settle to the bottom. Just leave it when you transfer to a secondary or to your bottle bucket if you just use the one fermentor.

Back