Frigidaire Model FRC445GB question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aboule13

Reaction score
Sorry about the repeat post (I posted in the main thread for this model)

Im faced with a small problem.... I seem to have broken the main wire to the thermostat. it is the grey wire that is mostly copper, and it is the highest wire up. right now the fridge CLICKS on at level 6 and wont run at any other setting... i think this would bring my beer to about 35 degrees, worst case... i was wondering if:

anyone knows what this wire is and the easiest way to fix it.. im thinking soldering it or using some sort of bracket and reattaching it... however im not even sure what the wire does

and

if i can get away with leaving it on 6... im pretty sure it will freeze my lines though...

i dont know if the "click" helps at all but it definitely clicks when i put it on level 6.. clicks off under 6 and wont run

since i clearly have no patience i have decided to take the module apart and found that it runs into a larger copper accordion shaped thing... no wiring... it seems to be some sort of temperature sensor... mine was compressed so i uncompressed it and now it runs on setting one through five, whereas it used to only run on 6... i am running a temp check right now to see if i actually did anything

i had completely finished this conversion and said to a friend! "GREAT, all done! now i just need to slide back this thermostat and.... UH OHHHH"

Back