Barrel + Bug Country = One happy guy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNGabe

Reaction score
:D

I'm on the list to get an apple brandy barrel from a local distillery and should have 3 vials of Bug Country in the mail Monday. All is right in my world. This could be the beginning of something great and I couldn't be more excited!

ECY 20 is a great strain, super funky.

Where did you score 2 vials from?

Ive been keeping my culture alive since this time last year.

ECY 20 is a great strain, super funky.

Where did you score 2 vials from?

Ive been keeping my culture alive since this time last year.

I've been internet stalking ECY. Thought I'd scored some last week, but it got cooked when the power was out up there.

I'd like to get an ECY exchange going. I've got 03 right now and should have plenty to send out when i get the carboys drained.

Hey, I've been looking for ECY 01 or 20.. Only of I could get a single drop of it to grow up, hahahaha. Enjoy it!

I've been internet stalking ECY. Thought I'd scored some last week, but it got cooked when the power was out up there.

I'd like to get an ECY exchange going. I've got 03 right now and should have plenty to send out when i get the carboys drained.

I have pretty regular access to ECY actually, my LHBS sells their stuff on occasion or I order from Princeton Homebrew. The reason I ask is I didnt know ECY20 was out again, I was able to get it last year but havent heard anything from them regarding the 2012 release.

Hey, I've been looking for ECY 01 or 20.. Only of I could get a single drop of it to grow up, hahahaha. Enjoy it!

I sent out washed vials of ECY a few months back to people on here and never got anything in return, so I wont be going down that road again, only bad experience Ive ever had on this site.

Coff said:
I sent out washed vials of ECY a few months back to people on here and never got anything in return, so I wont be going down that road again, only bad experience Ive ever had on this site.

If you ever get any more washed ECY 01 or 20, let me know, I've got three cultures of Bretts from a Cantilion Iris bottle that are fantastic. Willing to ship first if that helps. Let me know

I'm also interested in acquiring some washed ECY (or a new vial for that matter). I've got some washed stuff I could trade, some Brett trois and a blend of Lacto/Brett C/Brett L.

Two other guys and I did ECY20 in a red wine barrel about 8 months ago. We have been meaning to sample it for the last month or 2 but have been busy. Really excited to see how its coming. An apple brandy barrel will be great!

Heh Coff - I'm in the area too but haven't been to Princeton Homebrew since they were actually in Priceton! How often do you see ECY available there? I've on the google group list but have not seen updates of availability since August.

Yea its been a while since Joe has updated the google group, I had suspicions that he had been just getting a small handful in so instead sold them in store. Makes sense to me.

Al B came to my homebrew club meeting a few months ago about brought ~50 vials to sell and we damn near wiped them out, every funky vial was gone only ECY 10 and 21 were left (both awesome strains by the way). I think that might have set everyone back a bit, especially Joe and the Google group.

Two other guys and I did ECY20 in a red wine barrel about 8 months ago. We have been meaning to sample it for the last month or 2 but have been busy. Really excited to see how its coming. An apple brandy barrel will be great!

Have you tried it yet? How does ECY20 go with a red wine barrel?

Back