Jolly Pumpkin "La Parcela"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamWiz

Reaction score
So the brewery with the word pumpkin in its name finally makes a pumpkin beer(actually it's been out for a while but I haven't been able to get any until now). And, appropriately enough, it is the best pumpkin beer I have ever tasted. A lot of pumpkin beers are focused too much on the spices. Because of all the spice, most of them are only good in the fall or winter, but this beer would be good any time of year. It tastes more like actual fresh pumpkin and not like a glass full of cinnamon and nutmeg(waaay too many pumpkin beers are guilty of this). There is a tiny bit of spice to it, but not nearly as much as most. The spice is more prominent in the scent. And JP's signature sourness really goes well with the pumpkin flavor - it makes it a lot more crisp and refreshing than other pumkin ales. The color is a deep orange/amber, and it is a bit hazy. The label says it has cacao in it, but I'm not really picking it up. All in all, I think this beer is a winner. My only regret is that I wasted the dregs.

I hear nothing but good things about JP's beers. I wish we could get them anywhere in Dallas. I've looked at our snobbiest of snobby bars and beer stores. Austin, too. We got nothing. =(

Have you got anything interesting down there that I can't get in Michigan? Maybe we could arrange an exchange. I consider myself very lucky have access to so many great Michigan breweries, and I would be glad to share the wealth.

Back