Sins and Repentance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusorfodder

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I just got a great new job today, and to celebrate a bit I decided to tarnish my soul a bit with a bomber of:

bleatings-0547.jpg

Of course, I wouldn't want to be eternally damned, so I'll be turning to this man for repentance:

avery_reverend.jpg

Finally found a shop with an awesome selection. I stopped in to pick up some rum and was caught like a deer in headlights at their specialty beers. Anyhow, I'm off to go commune with the devil!

The double bastard was a wonderful hop/malt balance that made for extremely easy drinking. It reminded me of a double IPA a local brewpub had on tap. It wasn't so cloyingly sweet as some other high abv offerings, and it was not difficult to finish off the bomber.

The reverend on the other hand definitely had a fruity sweetness going on with little bitterness. (10 IBUs I believe) This is one that is better suited for slow sipping. Definitely a lot of character coming from the yeast with esters and all in all was quite enjoyable. SWMBO thoroughly enjoyed this one and stole half my bomber.

Back