Ranco ETC-111000 controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
My finger (no pun intended) is poised above the buy it now feature of this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RANCO-ETC-111000...ryZ53302QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can anyone quickly confirm that this is a good controller? My homework says it is, but I want one more confirmation. This is instead of my burner because of all the controversy surrounding the KAB4 and KAB5 Banjo. The controller is second on my list. I have a budget of about a hundred dollars for this solution.

Yep, go for it -- you absolutely won't regret it. I have the same Ranco and a Johnson. The Ranco is more precise and a DREAM to operate compared to the Johnson.

BTW, that's a good price to Canada (often shipping for them is upwards of $30, and the selling price is reasonable).

This guy phones SWMBO today and asks for another six dollars in shipping. He wanted her credit card but she's savvy enough to not give that away so he sent her a Paypal bill and she paid that. Keep in mind that I used the 'buy it now' option and shipping costs were posted in the auction. I paid immediately last night via Paypal and all charges were included.

She did the right thing for me, because if he had of called me I would have told him to shove his controller up his ass. Even with the six dollars it's still worth the price, but I don't pay more after a deal is made. I mean, it's just not done. I'll wait until it's been shipped and then let the guy know that he won't be getting positive feedback. He certainly can't complain about me. I kept MY word.

Fingers said:
This guy phones SWMBO today and asks for another six dollars in shipping. He wanted her credit card but she's savvy enough to not give that away so he sent her a Paypal bill and she paid that. Keep in mind that I used the 'buy it now' option and shipping costs were posted in the auction. I paid immediately last night via Paypal and all charges were included.

She did the right thing for me, because if he had of called me I would have told him to shove his controller up his ass. Even with the six dollars it's still worth the price, but I don't pay more after a deal is made. I mean, it's just not done. I'll wait until it's been shipped and then let the guy know that he won't be getting positive feedback. He certainly can't complain about me. I kept MY word.

After you receive it, you should let e-bay know. They have very little tolerance for people making deals outside of the marketplace.

Holy hell, I might just have to buy one. He only wants $7 shipping to the states. So total price shipped to the States is $53. A lot cheaper than the $66 plus tax I paid for my first one from Grainger.

Thanks for the post!

Fingers said:

Thanks for posting that. Was just about to buy one myself but I don't think so. I'd rather pay an extra few bucks to someone else than buy from this guy after that shadyness.

Back