Gewurztraminer mess up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeyboy

Reaction score
I’m taking a stab at my first wine kit. I focused on the first part of the instructions more then the rest based on I just started the kit 10 days ago. Here’s my dilemma, my kit calls for “F” bag (additional liquid juice concentrate bag) to be added with the stabilization and I added it with the primary fermentation. I did my first rack last night, gravity being where it should, and further read the instructions to brief myself and become familiar with the rest of the process. It said not to add it yet. Did I ruin my batch? It’s a Vintners Reserve kit.

PLEASE HELP!!!

It's likely that the "f" bag was some fruit additive added to secondary to retain more of the "fruity" properties. Your wine should be fine but probably a bit drier that it would have been.

F pack is just sweetened concentrate and some stabilizers. They make the finished wine sweet, your yeast probably ate up all the extra sugar in the F pack, so it might be less sweet. You could always add wine conditioner at the end.

Back