10 gallon cornies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the site hasn't been updated since 1998...

if you could find 10 gallon kegs for that price though, that'd be an excellent deal.

gnef said:
the site hasn't been updated since 1998...

if you could find 10 gallon kegs for that price though, that'd be an excellent deal.

I've yet too even see one in person - I asked Austin HBS and got a look like I was asking if they had the key to Ft. Knox...

The switch over to the "bags-in-a-box" killed the 10gal corny's...

i personally like the 5 gallon keg size. more portable, and can fit more gallons into my kegerator than i would be able to with 10 gallon kegs. 3 or 2.5 gallon kegs are nice for portability, but man are they expensive...

Stout Billies is still in business, but it doesn't surprise me he hasn't updated the site for that long.

He ran out of grain and extract during the christmas rush and as of last Friday, still hasn't restocked. Many of the items listed on the website are long since out of stock, but many of the smaller homebrew stores seem to be that way as well.

The owner is very knowledgable, but has a rather irksome personality and will not hesitate to berate you if he thinks you are doing something wrong. The store itself is a disaster area, inventory completely scattered amidst his cooking and alcohol projects. Unfortunately, he is the only local store in the Seacoast area.

However, he does make kickass meads and liquors. If you are lucky, he may have something to share. Usually at least 8 years old.

Vermicous said:
Stout Billies is still in business, but it doesn't surprise me he hasn't updated the site for that long.

He ran out of grain and extract during the christmas rush and as of last Friday, still hasn't restocked. Many of the items listed on the website are long since out of stock, but many of the smaller homebrew stores seem to be that way as well.

The owner is very knowledgable, but has a rather irksome personality and will not hesitate to berate you if he thinks you are doing something wrong. The store itself is a disaster area, inventory completely scattered amidst his cooking and alcohol projects. Unfortunately, he is the only local store in the Seacoast area.

However, he does make kickass meads and liquors. If you are lucky, he may have something to share. Usually at least 8 years old.

Hey that sounds like my local guy... His store looks like a tornado went through it - actually a tornado may be more organised. He's almost always out of something I need, without a clue if/when he's ever going to get it in again.

I wanted a weldless bulkhead, he HAD them, but was out.
"When are you going to get some more in?" I ask.
"Sometime after New Years." He says.
"Oh, the first part of January?" I ask.
"Yeah, January, February, maybe March." He says.

I bought them online.

I repeat my questions 3 or 4 times during my visit because I know it drives him nuts. He had told me one day after a customer left and asked him the same thing 4 different ways:ban::rockin:It's the next best thing to revenge I have for him being such an @ss.

I've seen 10 gallon kegs on Ebay. They usually run about $200 a piece. I have 4 of them that were eyewash stations in an earlier life. They were made by Spartanburg Steel Products.

I have seen some 15 and 20 gallon corny kegs (at Stout Billies, but not for sale). They were former pharmaceutical containers. Beautiful pieces too, must be a fortune to puchase though.

Back